Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Today I Will....

It's impossible to get through a summer without record heat. Today is one of those hot, sticky days that can make it hard to concentrate. How to stay motivated and engaged on such a day? Play, water, love, water, shade, water, and lots of cool, cool kids. A quick change of plans and our Upper Camp spent the morning at Cochituate State Park while our Lower Campers enjoyed on-site programming and a special visit from Curious Creatures. During the afternoon, our youngest campers splashed at War Memorial Pool and our oldest learned about print making, Andy Warhol, and Pop Art, which emerged in the late 1950s. In addition, they made pop tarts and "50s Diner Quiche" in Cooking, studied protest songs in Music, and had a Beach Party and learned the Hand Jive in Drama.



















During Morning Meeting this morning, our staff wrote poems entitled Today I Will. Here is a selection from the talented crew:

Today I will look out for any child that is being left out and find a way to get him involved. 
Today I will try to eat a whole lunch. 
Today I will make sure every kid is engaged in activities. 
Today I will remember everybody's name. 
Today I will go home right after work and take a nap!

Today I will not let the heat get to me. 
Today I will make sure to drink a lot of water. 
Today I will be patient with all of campers. 
Today I will make sure they drink a lot of water. 
Today I will go home and sit in the A.C.
Today I will not forget to watch Dance Moms or my other TV shows. 

Today I will love each child they way they need to be loved. 
Today I will be silly when my kids need a good laugh. 
Today I will not yell. 
Today I will use my indoor voice. 
Today I will remember why I am here. 
Today I will be grateful that I have a job. 
Today I will take deep breaths and drink lotsa water. 
Today I will learn from yesterday. 
Today I will keep going. 

Obviously we did a lot today at camp. What did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment